As You Like It
Does your true love wear a mustache?
"All the world's a stage
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,"
Rosalind believes “love is a madness,” and we agree! Get caught up in the mad antics of romance with us when our new production of As You Like It opens in the Conant!
This pastoral comedy features one of Shakespeare’s most vibrant heroines, Rosalind, who falls suddenly and madly in love with the dashing Orlando. When she is banished from the court by her devious uncle, Rosalind disguises herself as a boy named Ganymede and flees to the magical Forest of Arden, where the lives of all who enter are transformed. After Orlando also arrives, Arden abounds with life, beauty, music, and yes, a whole lotta love.
Purchase As You Like It tickets here.
Join us after the show for the following events, included with your ticket purchase:
- Fountain Talks - every night
- Get the inside scoop on the play during this casual, informative session held on our picnic grounds 30 minutes prior to every performance. Why did the costume designer choose that color? What was the inspiration behind the set and lighting? What was Shakespeare thinking when he wrote that? All of these questions - and more - will be answered by our professional dramaturgs and staff members at each and every performance.
- Talkback - June 18th
- Audience members are invited to stay after the show and ask questions of the actors, directors, and designers in our upgraded outdoor terrace.
- Actor Chat - June 21st
- Meet the actors after the show for an informal Q&A
- Cabaret Nights - June 27th & 28th
- Stay after the show as we transform our terrace into the hottest nightclub in town. Members of our company will perform and entertain, while you sit back and enjoy.
Photo: Ann Marie Gideon. Artwork by BreeAnne Clowdus